Maximizing Efficiency With VoiP Business Telephone Systems
A VoIP Business Telephone System (also known as IP PBX) is a cost-effective alternative to a conventional phone system. It’s best for any size enterprise or company and is particularly cost-effective for a small company with several remote locations. The ease of use and the high-quality sound quality are just some of the reasons that businesses are switching over to VoIP. But it can also be a bit complicated, so here are some of the basic features of this type of telephone system:
– Virtual Private Telephone Number – This feature offers your employees a toll free number that can be used anywhere in the world. With multiple locations, you can even offer your employees alternate numbers within the same voiP business telephone systems. The call is routed to the correct private telephone number when an incoming call goes through.
– Call Distribution – Multiple calls can be routed to different extensions and multiple employees can get to work at the same time without interference from other office phones. This extension dialing feature of voiP business telephone systems can handle calls to cellular phones, fax machines, and computers. In addition, it can handle international calls. It does not matter if the call is made from a landline phone or a mobile phone.
– Video Conferencing has become popular among businesses that have employees that are located in different parts of the world. You can hold a virtual meeting that will include all of the people who work at your company and allows them to look up information at one location. By using this type of voiP business telephone systems, you can make presentations or demonstrations of new products or services to your employees, cut down on travel expenses, and conduct meetings with sales representatives from various locations at once. You can also use these systems to monitor the productivity of your employees and monitor the efficiency of your staff as a whole.
– Extensibility – There are many different options available for use with VoiP business telephone systems. You can expand your service with additional lines at a low cost and make sure that you stay competitive by choosing equipment that is compatible with your specific needs. For example, you can integrate the system with your existing switch, extension, or router, or you can purchase additional equipment to connect to fiber-optic networks. You can also expand your offerings to include voicemail, conferencing, web conferences, and more. As you gain further capabilities, you can decide whether you need additional features, or if you can upgrade to the latest VoiP solution.
– Extended Trace Distance – Phone companies that offer VoiP phone systems often provide extended Trace Distance capability. This feature allows you to extend the distance that is covered by your local telephone network, based upon your IP address. For example, if you live in a small rural town, but you frequently communicate with clients that are located in a large, medium, or even global city, you can set up your VoiP system to cover extended Trace Distance within your local area. The good news is that this capability is not always included with every VoiP phone system; therefore, you will have to purchase it separately. However, some providers have implemented this feature into their entire suite of devices and services, so be sure to check the fine print. In addition, most VoiP phone systems provide the ability to extend Trace Distance when connected to an internet protocol network (IP Network).
– International roaming – Today’s advanced VoiP phone systems also offer the ability to roam internationally using a high-speed internet connection. This is particularly useful if you operate a small business that operates from a remote location, or if you regularly travel to another part of the nation or even another part of the world. By enabling your international customers to make long distance calls at cost-free rates, you can increase your customer retention, foster better communications within your company, and expand your business presence.
These features are just a few of the capabilities that modern VoiP phone systems have to offer. There are many other features that you may wish or need for your business telephone systems, depending upon the type of services that you provide. Be sure to do your research and familiarize yourself with the latest VoiP offerings as well as what features each model has to offer. You’ll be able to quickly compare options and make the best choice for your VoiP calling needs.